Developer, Golang (Greece)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with over 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Power Factors is looking for a Developer, Golang to join our development group in building and improving our SaaS platform! As a Golang developer, you will be part of a talented colleagues and work at designing and implementing (and testing/monitoring/debugging/refactoring/optimizing) the best platform to manage Clean Energy assets in the industry. You will also be using latest technologies to do so.
Our platforms collect millions of IoT and other data points, cleanses the data, detects occurring issues, identifies leading indicators to predict future issues, and adds a full advanced analytic capability on top of this rich, high value dataset. In addition to issue detection and analytics, our platform adds the toolsets needs to take analytic insights to action such as case management and work order management.
You will play an important role within your team by using professional and personal skills to help achieve goals by either mentoring others, using strategy to maximize delivered value, keeping up with new knowledge and sharing it, while bringing energy and fun and contributing to continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design, develop, test and deliver software solutions
- Analyse, maintain, enhance and use existing software components
- Encourage and promote innovation, development best practices, and solid lifecycle processes
- Collaborate with development team on work definition, estimation, and prioritisation
- Learn and grow as a professional software engineer
- Team player and problem solver
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience in software systems development using Go.
- Git use experience.
- 2-5 years of software development experience.
- Experience in iterative development environment using Scrum.
- Nice to have
- Linux Systems Programming.
- Solid understanding of databases and message brokers (will work with Kafka, SQL).
- Knowledge of Web and API development.
- Knowledge and experience in Container and Kubernetes.
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.