Senior Engineer, Linux Systems IT & Service Management team(Remote in Philippines)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with nearly 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for defining and implementing our containerization technology strategies. You will be involved in designing our architecture and define our roadmap. You will work on building, scaling, and monitoring our microservices and making our container orchestration cluster highly available. You will maintain live services by monitoring performance indicators such as availability, throughput and latency grow systems by advocating for changes that enhance reliability, performance and serviceability.
The candidate has to be an expert in Docker and containerization technologies. They must have knowledge about container orchestration tools, Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools. You will also be responsible for building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines and keeping yourself and team up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies. You will also participate to the on-call rotation (paid extra) for l2 support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manage and maintain highly available microservices on Kubernetes.
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD processes.
- Perform and automate deployment, maintenance and upgrades across a fleet of servers and devices.
- Manage and maintain development, SIT and production environments.
- Work closely with our developing team.
- Take part in 24/7 (paid) on-call rotation handling system.
- You will be working with technologies like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, SaltStack, Kafka, MQTT, GCE, GKE, and more.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and cloud deployment technologies.
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD and GitOps.
- Experience on Cloud (possibility to work with GCP, AWS).
- Experience with Bash Scripting.
- 3+ years experience with Linux.
- Experience with monitoring tools (zabbix, prometheus, Grafana).
- Some experience with DB administration.
- Some experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Go is a plus.
- Familiarity with storage technologies such as RAID, LVM, SAN etc. and experience with virtualization technologies (Xen, KVM) is a plus.
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.