Accounts Payable Specialist - 4 month contract
Particle provides an integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service that helps businesses connect, manage, and deploy software applications to connected devices, from edge to cloud and back. Particle powers IoT products from hundreds of businesses — from fast-growing start-ups to Fortune 100 companies — and is used by more than 240,000 developers for IoT product development. Our expertise goes beyond world-class technology, enabling next-generation business intelligence, insights, and expert customer support to make sure IoT projects succeed — so our customers can build the business of tomorrow, today.
Particle is looking for a AP Specialist to join our high-performing Finance & Accounting team for 4 months. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and highly experienced in AP and accounting.
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function including matching purchases to bills, entering bills, coding bills, and initiating payment to vendors
- Manage travel and entertainment expenses in Expensify, processing reimbursements
- Record monthly journal entries for the financial close (fixed assets, accruals, rents and prepaids)
- Research vendor discrepancies to resolve all issues in a timely manner
- Respond to vendor inquiries and manage vendor expectations
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting/finance projects and analysis, as required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent business-experience
- Deep working knowledge of full-cycle accounts payable practices and general accounting concepts
- Attention to detail is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems is preferred
- Experience with vendor, purchase order and bill management in Netsuite is preferred
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values which are: inspiring belonging, opening up, building a growth mindset, being an owner, and surpassing customer expectations.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.