Accounting Manager - 4 month contract
Particle provides an integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service that helps businesses connect, manage, and deploy software applications to connected devices, from edge to cloud and back. Particle powers IoT products from hundreds of businesses — from fast-growing start-ups to Fortune 100 companies — and is used by more than 240,000 developers for IoT product development. Our expertise goes beyond world-class technology, enabling next-generation business intelligence, insights, and expert customer support to make sure IoT projects succeed — so our customers can build the business of tomorrow, today.
Particle is looking for a part-time (30 hours per week) Accounting Manager to join our high-performing Finance & Accounting team for 4 months. We are looking for someone who has strong attention to detail, has previously worked in a fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment.
- Manage and support a team of two senior accountants
- Assist with month end close tasks, including inventory related accounting
- Ensure the timely, accurate, and reliable preparation of financial statements and reports
- Prepare and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and operational reports
- Collaborate with rest of the Finance team to support financial planning & analysis
- Provide assistant with annual financial audit and tax filings
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting/finance projects and analysis, as required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent business-experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ﬁnancial reporting standards
- Experience with NetSuite system is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values which are: inspiring belonging, opening up, building a growth mindset, being an owner, and surpassing customer expectations.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.