Sr. Mgr / Director, CX, Customer Support
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid parental leave, and retirement plans.
Location: This role will be hired in the following office locations: Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC.
Summary of Role
The Sr Mgr / Director, CX will act as a strategic leader as well as manage the Customer Support team and the day-to-day actions of Palmetto’s contact center. With an eye toward development of a seamless digital support experience for all customer types, they will assist in proactive ticket deflection by partnering with Product to address customer experience issues at the root cause. The ideal candidate will be comfortable challenging the status quo, collaborating across different business units, working hand-in-hand with product and technology teams, and mentoring and developing a world class CX Team. The Sr Mgr / Director will also serve as a cultural driver, helping Palmetto continue to establish its standing as the client experience leader in the clean technology space.
Strategic & Tactical
- Develop short- and long-term CX strategies in partnership with leadership and build out the CX roadmap and technology tool suite
- Oversee support for multi-sided marketplace for Homeowners, Sales Members, and Build Partners
- Manage the CX P&L, negotiate and manage all vendor relationships – including onboarding a new BPO partner
- Focus on ticket deflection with a key KPI of reducing customer contacts. Use data to identify root-cause resolution of customer pain-points.
- Hire and develop the team and identify partners/vendors to help us scale
- Set OKRs and revamp our CX Score Card by building upon the existing data structure
- In partnership with other other departmental leaders, continually optimize key customer-facing processes that differentiate Palmetto’s consumer experience, and provide opportunities for scale.
- Represent the voice of the customer and promote a customer-centric mindset across the organization. Develop internal training for all hires and represent the Voice of the Customer at company All Hands.
- Manage a team of CX professionals who act as the frontline of the customer voice and ensure teams deliver a seamless customer experience. Train, lead and develop a team of CX experts with the skill sets needed to execute Palmetto’s CX strategy, iterate and refine it over time.
- 8-10 Years in a Customer Support Leadership role in a contact center environment, CX / Customer Experience roles a plus
- Consumer experience (B2C or D2C) is required, and experience in the solar industry and / or in a high-growth startup is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of working with Product teams to release new functionality to combat customer pain points
- Ability to influence senior leaders and colleagues to influence future consumer experiences
- Experience working with a variety of CX vendors and technology tools
- Escalation management and experience handling emergency, high touch issues
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and developing high performing teams
- Bias for action, entrepreneurial mindset, and focus on growth and scale
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently and ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful initiatives
- Metrics-driven mindset with advanced reporting skills
- Experience with customer insights platforms is preferred
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.