Senior FP&A Analyst
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
We are a remote-first company and are proud to have great people working for us all over the United States.
Summary of Role
The Senior FPA Analyst, is a critical role within the Finance team at Palmetto, supporting all company-wide reporting, forecasting and planning activities, and reporting to the Senior Corporate Finance Director. You will own all consolidated monthly reporting and serve as a business partner to multiple corporate departments. As Palmetto continues its rapid pace of growth, this function will be an important driver of growth and profitability. This is a unique opportunity for you to build out a core knowledge base in the rapidly growing cleantech industry at one of the fastest growing companies in the country!
Strategic & Tactical
- Financial Analysis: Conduct thorough financial analysis, including variance analysis, trend analysis, and profitability analysis, to identify key drivers and insights that will support decision-making and drive company growth.
- Executive Reporting: Prepare and present regular financial reports and presentations for executive management, investors, and board members, providing clear and concise insights into financial performance, key metrics, and strategic recommendations.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and maintain accurate financial models, budgets, and forecasts, ensuring alignment with business goals and strategic initiatives.
- Strategic Planning: Assist in the development and execution of the company's strategic plans, including scenario analysis, investment evaluation, and business case development.
- KPI Tracking: Identify and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor business performance, highlighting areas of concern or opportunity, and providing actionable recommendations.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with various departments (e.g., P&C, Tech, Business Ops) to gather relevant data, understand business drivers, and ensure alignment of financial reporting with operational activities.
- Investor Relations Support: Assist in the preparation of financial materials and presentations for investor meetings, fundraising activities, and due diligence processes.
- Process Improvement: Continuously improve financial processes, systems, and reporting tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of financial reporting and analysis.
- Ad hoc Analysis: Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and modeling to support decision-making, evaluate potential business opportunities, and address specific finance-related inquiries.
- Analytical thinker with enthusiasm for complex problem solving, passion for clean energy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid familiarity with corporate finance concepts, financial modeling, forecasting, KPI tracking
- Strong attention to detail; ability to produce error-free documents.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and graphic.
- Strong excel modeling skills, experience with an FPA tool is a plus (Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- 3+ years of proven experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in a high-growth company
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the industry, market dynamics, and the competitive landscape.
- Self motivated, proactive, and eager to take ownership of projects and drive results. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.