Quality Control Technician
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
We are a remote-first company and are proud to have great people working for us all over the United States.
Summary of Role
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for the review and close-out of milestone packages (project documents, photos and design details)for Palmetto’s Third Party Ownership product. The primary objective of the role is to drive high quality standards of Palmetto owned assets and to clarify necessary remediations to ensure strong portfolio health (systems that can last for 25 years!). They will also review solar monitoring platforms to verify they are created accurately, and confirm the estimated production of sold systems meets the installed design. With daily project throughput review, they will ensure project milestone approvals and rejections are actioned in a timely manner, with clear communication to external partners.
They will support the LightReach division to gather data to drive partner accountability and establish a culture of quality for the organization.
Strategic & Tactical
- Review installation photos and job close-out documentation
- Review design material, and verify sold production to physical installation
- Review solar monitoring sites, layout, and registered product
- Provide clear and concise kickback reasoning for rejected packages
- Resolve closeout package kickbacks for fast resubmittal turnaround times
- Remain current on install material and methods, product training and integration of new products
- Support installation best practices, customer site profile creations, and customer satisfaction
- Handle incoming chat or ticket systems for expedient kickback resolution
- Identify trends or patterns with partners and drive remediation recommendations
- Contribute to partner calls with new and existing operations teams to drive education and best practices in order to drive up M1 & M2 pass rates
- 4-6 years of experience in a technical or construction-based solar role
- Experience with interdepartmental problem-solving or project management
- Experience in photovoltaic design preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work with and influence 3rd parties
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with standard business tools such as G-Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.