Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Packaging Engineer at Moxion, you will partner with our lead Packaging Engineer to develop, launch and maintain world class packaging solutions and standards for our supply base, factory, and 3PL to adhere to and respect. You will be responsible for triaging packaging related issues from manufacturing and supply chain operations, defining packaging requirements, designing production and service packaging solutions, validation and creating required business cases. The individual will provide support to and collaborate with various cross-functional teams including manufacturing, warehouse, quality, safety, field service operations, and procurement.
What you'll do:
- Establish packaging specifications and work with suppliers to gather part packaging information for Moxion’s internal database and monitor part suppliers' compliance with packaging requirements, working alongside Moxion’s supplier quality team's PPAP process. Manage maintenance and sustainability through part changes.
- Triage packaging issues and packaging related requests from cross functional teams and prioritize based on feasibility and return on investment, and diligent tracking until resolution. Prepare reports for weekly cross-functional reviews of ongoing issues and drive continuous improvement in the workflow.
- Maintain packaging specifications by part according to the PFEP, which will include expendables and returnable totes.
- Lead one or two large projects managing project timelines, budgets, required testing/sampling, assessing risks, and implementation for launch.
- Define and communicate requirements for protective packaging, dunnage, and distinctive shipping racks on both domestic and international scales.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or an equivalent field such as Mechanical or Manufacturing with equivalent experience.
- 2+ years packaging engineering experience working with variety of product, preferably automotive or aerospace components
- Ability to read CAD and 2D drawings.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards for packaging
- Experience with specification and documentation management.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com