Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion Power’s Maintenance Manager, you’ll assist in all aspects of manufacturing maintenance to ensure production is optimized. You’ll also be responsible for the safe and on time launch of new equipment to support manufacturing. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime!
What you'll do:
- Direct leadership of up to 3 maintenance shifts as well as staffing to support production ramp
- Responsible for day to day manpower and resource planning to support production, in house repair, team time off, and OT or weekend production
- Define daily standard work for team as well as providing guidance for prioritization
- Development of standard maintenance processes and procedures
- Set up spare parts management program, preventative maintenance as well as work order processes
- Ensure all spare parts are ordered in time according to needs and lead time, maintain tracking and replenishment system
- Ownership of setting up maintenance annual budgets (which includes labor, spare parts, consumables, and overtime)
- Work closely with all production functions to ensure critical maintenance issues and projects are completed in a timely manner
- Act with urgency and provide focused guidance to team during line down and machine quality events
- Implement processes to mitigate reactionary issues as well as move maintenance towards proactive or predictive maintenance model
- Provide and manage team training (LOTO, 5-S, PPE, etc.), tools, and equipment to ensure that the maintenance team operates safely at all times, and always lead by example
- Develop, modify, and document repairs/troubleshooting processes and manage and train the team to utilize those processes.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of engineering disciplines across process engineering, controls engineering and automation engineering for maintaining production standards, implementation, and project demand.
- Highly motivated to look at wider organizational cost initiatives to optimize headcount, spares and minimize outsources maintenance and equipment labor.
- Manage large workload with positive attitude and proactively help co-workers
- Leads in the interviewing, hiring, training, and decision making process for all new hires in the Maintenance Department
- Participate in early phase equipment/production line specification, design, qualification, installation and site acceptance testing as needed
Skills to be successful:
- 5+ years of extensive experience with troubleshooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance - breakdowns and failures
- Experience in team building, coaching and succession planning for technical personnel
- Manufacturing maintenance experience at a journeyman level or supervisory level.
- Lean manufacturing experience, skills and systems development
- Project management experience
- Proficient in Google suite of programs
- Proficient in development of a CMMS provide examples
- The candidate needs to have demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Equipment Operation Availability
- OEE improvement
- System development to track current shop conditions
- Identification of key areas of improvement
- Breakdown management
- Understanding of short-term vs long term actions
- Systems used to prevent repeat occurrences
- PM / TPM development and implementation
- Reference to past improvement initiatives / % improvements
- Equipment spare parts management
- Critical vs noncritical parts determination
- Audit methods to ensure no risk condition
- Training & development
- Assessment of current skills sets
- Training action plans
You might also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Technical.
- 3+ years of team leadership
- Project management experience
- PLC Control logic experience and understanding
- Robotics programming or handling
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com