Accounting & Finance
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic team. As a Payroll Specialist, you will play a vital role in ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for our diverse workforce. Your expertise in payroll systems, Excel, and meticulous attention to detail will contribute significantly to the seamless operation of our payroll function.
What you'll do:
- Process exempt (semi-monthly) and non-exempt (bi-weekly) payrolls.
- Calculate hourly employee differentials, overtime, and overnight shifts.
- Utilize Excel (VLOOKUPs, IF statements) for precise payroll calculations.
- Ensure compliance with California hourly wage laws.
- Maintain updated employee payroll records accurately.
- Collaborate with HR for seamless personnel change integration.
- Verify and reconcile payroll data, addressing discrepancies.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries promptly and clearly.
- Assist Payroll Manager with calculations and reviews.
- Aid in drafting accurate salary and bonus payments.
- Manage timesheet approvals and resolve delays.
- Contribute to small-scale payroll projects and reports.
Skills to be Successful:
- Minimum 2 years' payroll processing experience.
- Proficiency in Excel (VLOOKUPs, IF statements).
- Understanding of California hourly wage laws.
- Keen attention to detail in data and calculations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Rippling, UKG (preferred).
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com