Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As the Warranty Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end warranty processes while efficient communication across all levels of the organization. You will help establish and manage critical process KPI’s such as Warranty Cost, Warranty Reserves (Weibull), 1 & 3 MIS, Claims Rate, Reserve Ratio, and Recovery rate. You will be responsible to ensure organizational alignment with warranty related business priorities. You will work closely with various functions of the organization, to include Service, Factory Quality, Supplier Quality, Customer Quality, Supply Chain, Design, Software, Manufacturing and Systems. The ideal individual must show strong problem solving skills, that can juggle many projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor and improve warranty process KPI’s and drive organizational awareness and on time delivery
- Ensure warranty fundamentals meets all SOX requirements and legal aspects of adjudication, claims documentation, and reporting for all downstream stakeholders
- Train, develop, coach, and inform our employees on how we can improve our overall warranty performance
- Responsible for all aspects of warranty and end-to-end processes
- Develop strategic plans, policies, and procedures at all levels to deliver with expectational quality
- Own warranty policy development and updates including warranty guides, extended warranties, and good will
- Manage the day-to-day activities of specific warranty related programs which include corrective action audits, claims audits, adjudication approvals and part return audits
- Lead financial analysis of warranty service field data to understand product performance trends and key drivers to help influence decisions
- Develop and manage monthly warranty reporting structure and develop strategies to improve
- Oversee warranty reserve models and its adequacy analysis (Weibull)
- Ensure successful implementation and sustainment of integrated Warranty System
Skills to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, science discipline or related field required.
- 5+ years of minimum Warranty experience working in manufacturing
- Preferred customer quality experience in automotive industry
- Knowledge and application of quality system standards (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS 9100D)
- Knowledge & Experience on problem solving methodology and tools
- Have used statistical methods for interpreting data to solve problems (DOE, SPC, Process capability techniques)
- Self motivated, efficient, able to work with little or no supervision, committed to the team and objectives
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Efficient prioritization in a fast paced environment is a must
- Ability to understand and discuss technical issues
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization including C level and other executives
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com