Senior NPI Material Planner
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As our Senior NPI Material Planner, you will support programs from prototype phase through start of production until transition to production sustaining team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring raw materials and components are delivered in a timely manner to support New Production Introduction (NPI) needs, at optimal efficiency and most cost effective. This individual must fully understand supply chain and NPI operations, as well as be an expert on their assigned product or commodities.
What you’ll do:
- This role Involves daily management of supply and constraints, status reporting and escalation, supplier engagement and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Work with external suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for individual components, specifying quantity and frequency targeting on-time delivery; coordinate with the Supply Chain team and Logistics as needed.
- Own the leadership communication on the program to all key stakeholders: Program Management, PMI, Engineering & Supply Chain.
- Use and maintain designated planning and inventory tools and software to optimize supply planning and staging
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Engineering to support material changes resulting from Change action (CAs), plan for new material and minimize obsolescence of old material
- Identify and tackle clear to build exceptions daily, reacting as needed to ensure supply continuity for manufacturing operations, expediting orders when appropriate, and working closely with Logistics partners to optimize freight expense and expedite requests.
- Recalculate orders and requirements as needed by analyzing trends in demand, changes in lead time, minimum order quantities, standard batch sizes and safety stock levels
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Warehouse team to resolve shipment discrepancies
Skills to be successful:
- Proficiency of MRP/ERP with a sound understanding of material requirements planning, bills of material, inventory control, product lifecycle management (PLM), procure to pay processes, and supply chain operations
- Strong analytical capabilities, including ability to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels are desired
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand
- Ability to present material status effectively in weekly program/executive meetings
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com