Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a facility technician at Moxion, you'll provide comprehensive support to battery manufacturing, R&D, Engineering, and Office employees for all things related to the facility. This will be a hands on role where you'll work closely with the facilities manager to build out and sustain our new office location as well as battery manufacturing factory.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Perform preventive building maintenance duties, to include routine plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and various other repairs.
- Perform various general tasks as assigned, to include assembling and moving furniture and office equipment, setup and breakdown of tables and chairs, replacing door knobs/locks, repairs to door closures and/or walls, and painting of interior walls.
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concern
- Oversee and perform typical sanitation tasks to support the production team and the entire facility up to and including: Removing waste, debris and refuse, Transporting empty boxes to compactors, Monitoring of the facility for waste and debris, Planned Maintenance on equipment and floors at end of shifts, Cleaning and accounting of all tools and receptacles/
- Any and all other functions as determined by management.
Skills to be successful:
- Results Driven and detail oriented
- Basic mathematics
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good with hands and tools, not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Ability to work various shifts as well as overtime hours
- Experience performing facilities maintenance functions in a manufacturing environment
- Able to lift 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds in controlled environments
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with extreme heat and cold conditions.
- Works with irritant chemicals, gasses, etc.
- Willing to provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of building,grounds and equipment as required
Nice to haves:
- Minimum 2 years experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience and technical expertise in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical drive/control systems relating to production and facilities equipment maintenance
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Strong mechanical /Electrical DWG interpretation skills used to troubleshoot equipment is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and have good organizational skil
- 7-3:30 PM, some OT as needed
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com