Events Coordination Manager
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion's first Events Coordination Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management of our events, from conception to execution. You will play a critical role in creating memorable and impactful experiences for our clients, customers, and partners. Your ability to manage multiple projects, attention to detail, and creative flair will be key to your success in this role.
What you'll do:
- Event Planning: Lead the planning and execution of a variety of events, including conferences, trade shows, product launches, seminars, webinars, and corporate gatherings.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring that all expenses are tracked and controlled effectively to maximize ROI.
- Vendor Management: Identify, negotiate with, and manage event vendors, including venues, catering services, AV teams, and promotional materials suppliers.
- Event Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to create promotional strategies and materials to drive attendance and engagement before, during, and after events.
- Logistics and Operations: Oversee all logistical aspects of events, including scheduling, registration, guest list management, transportation, and on-site coordination.
- Content Management: Coordinate with speakers, presenters, and content creators to ensure that event content aligns with objectives and resonates with the target audience.
- Sponsorship and Partnerships: Identify and secure event sponsorships and partnerships that enhance the event experience and provide additional revenue opportunities.
- Experience: Focus on providing an exceptional experience for event attendees, ensuring their needs are met and their feedback is collected for future improvements.
- Post-Event Evaluation: Conduct post-event evaluations and analysis to measure the success of events, gather feedback, and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Team Management: Supervise event staff and volunteers, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clear and tasks are executed efficiently.
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in event management, marketing, hospitality, or a related field
- Proven experience (6+ years) in event planning and management, preferably in a corporate or professional setting
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Proficiency in event management software and tools
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Budget management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed for events
- Ability to travel as needed
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com