Assistant Project Manager, Construction
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
Moxion is looking for our first Assistant Project Manager, Construction to support development of new infrastructure and facilities, as well as improvements for existing facilities, both locally in the SF Bay Area and nationally. Your experience with constructing medium scale electrical infrastructure as well as TI and ground up construction will direct design and construction through all phases of project implementation.
What you'll do:
- Implement and refine Moxion Design Standards, coordinate Project Design from Proposal through Permitting, Design Review, and Construction Administration.
- Develop Pre-Construction Estimates, RFPs and Manage Projects’ Bidding Process through Notification of Award.
- Draft, review and approve contracts for Construction, Consultation, and Equipment Vendors
- Provide support for researching and capturing tax and equipment purchase/installation incentives
- Develop and manage projects’ schedules and budgets, collaborate with all contractors, design partners and project stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Manage construction activities, including regular site visits, and weekly status reports to leadership
- Manage, review and approve Project Change Orders and Invoices
- Manage Project Closeout including, Punchlist, Commissioning, Warranty Verification and Financials
- Work closely with Field Operations, Strategy & Partnerships, Sales, Advanced Manufacturing, Manufacturing and Testing & Validation Teams to develop and implement Infrastructure Improvements to new and existing Facilities
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Industrial, Commercial, Manufacturing, Life Science, Higher Education or Mission Critical Construction
- Strong knowledge of building codes, standards, and regulations and Construction Project Management Best Practices
- Experience with Electrical Building and Infrastructure Systems
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel often to current and new properties and, work independently
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com