Total Rewards Manager
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As our founding Total Rewards Manager, you will lead the design, development, implementation, and administration of total rewards initiatives & programs, including compensation and benefits, 401(k), and employee perks. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive total rewards strategy aligned with Moxion Power's business objectives, culture, and values, including philosophy, job evaluation, and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets, and analysis
- Lead the design, implementation, evaluation, and management of competitive and equitable base salary and incentive programs
- Lead the evaluation of positions and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges, and FLSA status to positions, making recommendations for revisions and/or changes to support recruitment, engagement, and talent retention around key touch points, i.e., new hire offers, promotions, and annual market adjustments
- Advise the hiring and headcount committees in advance of the annual planning process by collecting market data (general, industry-specific, geographic)
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits programs, ensuring a balance between cost-effectiveness, compliance, inclusivity, and employee satisfaction
- Manage any annual incentive plan documents and cycles and partner with legal to manage the equity stock option program, ensuring careful data administration and proper retention of agreements in employee files.
- Direct the annual open enrollment process, including vendor selection and negotiation, cost-saving initiatives, employee communication, and collaboration with other teams
- Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, prepare discrimination testing, and oversee annual plan audits
- Develop and implement communication strategies to educate employees about total rewards programs and enhance their understanding, adoption, and appreciation.
Skills to be successful:
- Minimum 4 years experience in Human Resources/Total Rewards space
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and administration of equity and stock option programs.
- Ability to conduct regular market analysis to ensure Moxion Power's total rewards offerings remain competitive within the industry and geographical location.
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation to ensure Moxion Power's total rewards programs comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to build partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across the organization.
- Experience with HCM/payroll platforms
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence internally and externally
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
- Projects the highest levels of integrity while winning through a consultative and embracing personality
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge or expertise in energy, fleet management, or EV industry
- Experience with startups and/or manufacturing companies
- Excellent analytical skills; advanced level of MS Excel/Google Sheets, and analytics platforms/dashboards
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com