Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Firmware Engineer with hardware controls experience to join the Firmware Engineering team at Moxion Power. You will play a crucial role in the development of our mobile power platform.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of microcontroller architectures, peripherals, and interfaces towards modeling systems and conceiving control algorithms
- Translate controls algorithms into software implementation in C or C++, and integrate them into firmware and validation frameworks
- Architect, implement, and validate firmware as part of our product development process, support the production/manufacturing process, and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement in our fleet
- Work closely with the Hardware and Systems Engineering teams to deliver production-grade safety critical firmware
- Firmware development and debugging, code/performance optimization, create and execute board level test plans to expose weakness or faults in hardware and firmware
- Hands-on hardware bring-up and lab work as needed to support development/debug activities through the entire product lifecycle
- Produce well-articulated design documentation to drive alignment within and across teams
Skills to be successful:
- An ownership mindset, with an eye towards delivering top quality firmware
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience, ideally while developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Hands-on experience with hardware bring-up and system debugging, including familiarity with debugging tools, emulators, and oscilloscopes for hardware/software troubleshooting
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience with typical microcontroller peripherals such as ADC, DAC, PWM, Timers
- Experience with embedded micro-controllers and/or microprocessors (ARM)
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN and UART, and an understanding of sensors and actuators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge or expertise energy, fleet management, or EV industry
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com