Accounting & Finance
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Senior Accountant as Moxion, you’ll be responsible for driving the completion of the month end close in a timely manner for their assigned areas. This includes compiling and maintaining robust documentation for the support of journal entries and account reconciliations. Your experience in streamlining and documenting accounting procedures will successfully support our accounting team through an audit. This role requires effective interdepartmental communication to understand and accurately account for business transactions along with experience in a mid-size company environment (multiple departments, locations, companies, currencies, etc.) You’ll also have the opportunity for more challenging accounting areas if desired.
What you'll do:
- Own the prepaids expense schedule, ensuring accurate coding of expenses, identifying proper amortization periods, completing account reconciliations
- Own the expense accrual process for month end close, including the identification of recurring vendors and generation of monthly estimates, completing account reconciliations
- Book the payroll journal entries, including entries for 401k contributions and FSA.
- Coordinate with field operations to understand repair claims process, refine warranty accrual estimate, and track monthly movements in the warranty reserve liability
- Assist AP and AR with cash reconciliations; identify missing and erroneous entries and drive teams to close cash transactions on a timely basis
- Prepare the monthly financial statements for management review; refine statement of cash flows template
- Review purchase orders and invoices for correct coding as requested
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2+ years industry experience (staff or senior) - manufacturing preferred
- 3+ years in overall Accounting experience
- Public accounting audit experience or heavy involvement in year end audits
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP systems
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience documenting accounting processes
- Exposure to a robust internal controls environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Nice to haves:
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com