Senior Sales & Application Engineer
Sales & Business Development
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
The Sales and Application Engineer at Moxion is responsible for integrating technical expertise with sales acumen to bolster and propel the sales of technical products or services. The core responsibilities associated with this role encompass comprehending customer requirements, delivering technical proficiency, and adeptly articulating the product's value proposition to prospective clients.
What you'll do:
- Identify potential customers and market segments for BESS solutions
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, consultants, and contractors
- Present and demonstrate the value proposition of BESS solutions to customers
- Prepare and submit product proposals and support bids, and quotations in response to customer requirements
- Conduct site visits and assessments to understand customer energy requirements and technical constraints
- Collaborate with customers to understand various prime power applications and validate fit
- Provide technical guidance and support throughout the sales cycle
- Create detailed technical proposals, including system design, sizing, and integration with existing infrastructure
- Address technical inquiries and resolve any issues or concerns raised by customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, procurement, and project management, and product management to ensure successful project execution
- Oversee the implementation of BESS solutions, ensuring compliance with specifications and industry standards
- Support with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of equipment and services
- Conduct regular project status meetings and provide updates to customers and management.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and advancements in battery energy storage technologies
- Conduct market research to identify emerging opportunities and competitive landscape
- Provide insights and recommendations to the sales and product development teams to enhance the competitiveness of BESS solutions
Skills to be successful:
- 4 years minimum experience as an Application Engineer or relevant role
- Background in Engineering
- Hands-on and customer-centric, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Domain knowledge in Energy storage, EV, Power generation, or Rental power a plus
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com