Systems Engineer, Vehicle Structures & Dynamics
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Systems Engineer, Vehicle Structures and Dynamics at Moxion Power, you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and implementation of mechanical systems for our mobile battery energy storage solutions. You will be responsible for generating and managing the cross functional requirements set that drive mechanical and electrical integration. You will own requirements related to structural and vehicle components including rack structures, enclosures, trailer design, etc. Your expertise will contribute to enhancing the efficiency, safety, and reliability of our product, ensuring seamless integration of various system elements. This role offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of energy storage while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of experts.
What you’ll do:
- Systems Requirements: Define and document systems requirements by understanding the needs and expectations of various stakeholders. Ensure the requirements are clear, complete, and traceable.
- Systems Architecture: Contribute to the development of the system architecture, ensuring that it aligns with the defined requirements and provides a solid foundation for vehicle dynamics and structural integration.
- Design Conformance: Ensure that the design of the mobile energy storage systems conforms to established requirements and standards. Identify design deviations and work to rectify them.
- Internal Design Specifications: Develop detailed internal design specifications for components related to vehicle dynamics and structures. Collaborate with mechanical engineering teams to create robust and reliable designs.
- Component Integration: Work closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering teams to integrate energy storage components seamlessly into various vehicle platforms.
- FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis): Perform FMEA to identify and assess potential failure modes in the system. Develop strategies for risk mitigation and reliability improvement.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain detailed records, generate technical reports, and communicate results and findings to the broader engineering team. Document design decisions, architecture, and design specifications.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and product managers, to ensure a holistic approach to system development.
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in defining systems requirements, systems architecture, and design conformance.
- Strong understanding of mechanical and structural engineering principles.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations (e.g., UL, CE, ISO, SAE, NHTSA).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com