Quality Inspector (6pm Shift)
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a foundational Quality Inspector at Moxion Power, you’ll support manufacturing by ensuring product and process quality is sustained. You’ll verify incoming, in-process and end of line materials are meeting Moxion’s specifications. You’ll follow the quality checklists and report findings as defects. You will play a critical role in identifying and addressing non-conforming materials, conducting in-process testing, and supporting various quality assurance functions within our production facility.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct Incoming inspection of raw materials.
- Responsible for conducting in process and end of line and pre delivery inspections.
- Maintain calibration of quality control tools, coordinate calibration activities working with outside vendors to ensure all test equipment and tools used are calibrated prior to use in production.
- Record testing/inspection results in accordance with company procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing, engineering, and suppliers.
- Record the issues on daily shift reports. Perform auditing function of manufacturing lines.
- Maintain data integrity, accuracy and efficiency of defect material throughput and systematically logging information.
- Maintain 5S and MRB best practices.
Your Experience Includes:
- 2+years’ experience in the manufacturing quality control environment.
- Good understanding of inspection and test techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical drawings and basic understanding of GD&T.
- Experience with basic measurement and inspection tools. (Calipers, Torque Wrenches, Gauges, Measuring Tape, etc.)
- Previous quality control experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with calibration is a plus.
- Previous experience working with batteries or welding inspection is a plus. Previous experience using torque tools is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite is a plus.
- 6pm-2:30am (some OT and Weekends, depending on business needs)
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com