Senior Change Control Specialist
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Senior Change Control Specialist at Moxion, you will play a critical cross-functional role in managing and overseeing change processes that impact our processes, systems, and products. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our change control processes, ensuring that all changes are properly documented, assessed for risk, and implemented in accordance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. You will become an integral part of our team, supporting material requirements, costs, order management and manufacturing.
What you'll do:
- Manage change control process, including request submission, assessment, and approval for efficient implementation and verification. Change control process includes (but not limited to) the following: ECR, DCO, MCO, ECO, and Deviations
- Work closely with key business stakeholders including engineering, to ensure BOM structures are constantly maintained and evolve in line with recent modifications or changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to obtain and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all change requests, approvals, and implementation details in Arena PLM
- Assist engineering in building and correcting change orders to ensure all stakeholders have a clear understanding of the proposed changes and their implications
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments for proposed changes, identifying potential impacts on systems, processes, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to review and prioritize change requests, ensuring alignment with business objectives
- Ensure that all changes adhere to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and internal policies
- Communicate change status, progress, and any potential issues to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Provide training and support to engineering teams on change control processes, PLM system usage, and best practices for maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation
- Continuously seek opportunities to optimize change control processes, improve efficiency, and enhance data accuracy
Skills to be successful:
- Experience in configuration management, change control, or related roles within a technology or engineering-focused environment
- Strong understanding of engineering drawing practices, BOM structures, and change control methodologies
- Proficiency in using Product Data Management (PDM) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Understanding of procurement, quality systems and manufacturing processes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to maintaining the highest level of data accuracy and document integrity
Nice to haves:
- Experience in product development in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management
- Knowledge or expertise in vehicle electrification or automotive
We currently use:
- PDM: SolidWorks
- PLM: Arena
- ERP: NetSuite
- Work Management Tools: Jira & Smartsheets
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com