Corporate Finance & Strategy Associate
Accounting & Finance
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As the Corporate Finance and Strategy Associate you will play an essential role in supporting Executive team members to make strategic decisions across Moxion. This role will provide support across key initiatives such as fundraising, market research, due diligence, deal negotiation and more. This role will be integral in our fast paced growth over the next few years and beyond.
What you'll do:
- Develop a strong understanding of our company, strategy, and industry
- Play a key role in supporting our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, and evolving the underlying integrated financial forecast models, systems, and tools
- Support fundraising and financing activities by building and maintaining scenario planning forecasts and Board materials
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders across the business to drive the execution of Moxion’s corporate goals
- Ensure organizational efficiency by mediating team agendas and tracking action items across stakeholders in the business
- Assist in the delivery of strategy projects and provide clear transparency on progress ensuring effective communication across senior leaders at Moxion
- Support on market research, product ideation, and competitive benchmarking (working parallel to the product org when needed)
- Help drive and coordinate corporate and commercial strategy including potential M&A activities
Skills to be successful:
- 3+ years of related experience in finance, corporate development, venture capital/private equity, investment banking or equivalent
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Effective process management abilities
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in financial modeling and data analysis tools
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a tight timeframe and shift priorities as needed
- Experience working cross-functionally with Executives across the company and partner teams
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Manufacturing industry
We currently use:
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com