Prototype Fabricator and Machinist
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking an experienced Prototype Fabricator/Machinist to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and modifying parts and products for prototypes and small-scale production runs. They will work closely with our design and engineering teams to develop and test new product concepts and ideas.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and operate a variety of machinery, including lathes, mills, grinders, and saws
- Producing one-off parts, fixtures and assemblies
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to identify and troubleshoot issues in product design and development
- Fabricate and modify parts and products using a range of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites
- Keep accurate records of work performed, materials used, and time spent on each project
Skills to be successful:
- Previous welding experience - MIG/TIG/Spot
- Proficient in the use of a range of machinery, including lathes, mills, grinders, and saws
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical drawings, blueprints, and schematics
- Ability to transmit efforts through conversation, documentation, charts and sheets
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a prototype fabrication/machinist role
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
You might also have:
- Experience with High Voltage
- Experience in the Electrification field
- CNC Machining setup
- CNC programming
- Wiring (repair or harness construction)
- An absolute affinity for your craft - You love making things!
- 7am-4pm with opportunity for overtime
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com