Systems Test Engineering Technician
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Systems Test Engineering Technician at Moxion you’ll play a critical role in supporting component and system test and validation activities. You’ll support test equipment and instrumentation setups, equipment deployment and calibration, and test execution and reporting as it relates to engineering validation at Moxion.
What you’ll do:
- Support setup, execution, and reporting of testing and integration activities
- Aid the test team for equipment and instrumentation needs and issues
- Assist in the deployment of new test and lab equipment
- Fabricate test fixturing
- Support on-site and off-site testing at external facilitiesAssembly and teardown of DUTs for post-test analysis
- Operate test equipment including but not limited to shakers, thermal chambers, and high voltage power supplies
- Support DUT troubleshooting efforts
- Maintain instrumentation and lab equipment
Skills to be successful:
- Hands-on experience with fabrication and torque tools, and test equipment/instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with batteries and High Voltage equipment
- Ability and passion to perform hands-on tasks
- Interest in test equipment/hardware and software
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skill
- Comfortable reaching out to test owners to resolve ambiguities in test request and test plans
Nice to have:
- Working with external labs and test facilities
- Experience in the automotive or energy storage industry
- CAN communication experience
- Experience with Vector, Kvaser, and ATI tools
- 40% domestic travel, supporting external testing locations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and someone that works well with people of all backgrounds
- Excellent English communication skills
- Hard worker – willing to put in the hours to ensure Moxion’s success
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Sound problem-solving skills
- High situational awareness, ensuring a safe work environment
- 8am- 5pm, (must be flexible to changing shift some days and to travel)
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com