Mechanical Engineer, Power Electronics & Power Signal and Distribution
Other Engineering, Operations
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
The Mechanical Engineer will play a vital part in upholding our product quality, addressing field issues, manufacturing improvement, and facilitating seamless collaboration across cross-functional teams, ultimately contributing to the lasting success of our products in the energy industry. In this role you will have a broad scope supporting several components of our product. To be successful in this role you will need to rely on engineering fundamentals, problem solving, ability to prioritize and manage several projects, approach people from cross functional teams and collaborate together. This role will support sustaining of power electronics, power conversion, electrical integration, harnesses, enclosures and busbar connections.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, manufacturing, supply chain and testing, to develop power electronics and harness components that meet performance, safety, and quality standards.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to understand component requirements and root cause analysis, integrating this knowledge into the design process.
- Create detailed engineering designs, utilizing CAD software and other relevant tools, to develop components that align with specifications and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform simulations, finite element analysis (FEA), and other engineering calculations to optimize component designs for strength, durability, and functionality.
- Participate in prototype development, testing, and validation, identifying areas for improvement and implementing design modifications as needed.
- Collaborate with suppliers and procurement teams to source materials and components, ensuring they meet quality and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing teams to enable designs manufacturability
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
- Proficiency in CAD software for designing and modeling components.
- Understanding of engineering principles, materials science, and manufacturing processes.
- Previous experience of cross functional collaboration between mechanical, electrical, manufacturing engineering
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in complex design scenarios.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present technical information clearly.
- Detail-oriented approach to design, analysis, and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com