Vice President of Manufacturing
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Manufacturing to lead our factory operations. As a key member of our executive team, you will play a pivotal role in driving our company's growth and success in the rapidly evolving energy storage industry.
What you’ll do:
- Uphold a strong safety culture within the manufacturing facilities, adhering to all relevant regulations and certifications for environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Oversee all aspects of manufacturing. Ensure efficient production processes, adherence to quality standards, and timely delivery of products.
- Oversee the build out of our new 200,000 square foot factory in Richmond, CA. This includes equipment selection, CAPEX management, process development, employee staffing, employee training and material flow. .
- Implement and maintain rigorous quality control measures to ensure that our products consistently meet or exceed industry standards and customer expectations.
- Develop and manage budgets, identifying cost-saving opportunities without compromising on product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Forecast production demands and plan capacity expansions to meet the company's growth targets effectively.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging employee engagement and participation in problem-solving initiatives.
- Collaborate with R&D, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to align manufacturing strategies with product development and market demands.
Skills to be successful:
- Proven factory management experience
- Experience managing multiple factories (i.e. a multi-site leader)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment focused on electrification - specifically battery pack or module manufacturing
- Experience building a green-field manufacturing facility
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth understanding of battery technologies, manufacturing processes, and quality control standards.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership and team-building capabilities, with a history of motivating teams to achieve high levels of performance.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrated ability to identify challenges, devise effective solutions, and make data-driven decisions.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Innovation: A passion for innovation and driving continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com