Director of IT
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
Moxion Power is looking for a customer-focused and technically adept Director of IT to drive our internal technology strategy, ensure engineering excellence with IT, and provide exceptional services to our organization. As the Director of IT, you will play a critical role in shaping and executing our internal technology initiatives while prioritizing customer service and supporting a diverse user base.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute the company's customer-centric IT strategy, aligning technology initiatives with business objectives, manufacturing operations, software development processes, and customer service requirements.
- Lead and manage a team of IT professionals, fostering a culture of engineering excellence, continuous improvement, and innovation to deliver high-quality IT services and projects.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the company's technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, and databases, catering to a mix of Windows and Mac users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including customer support and engineering, to understand customer needs, prioritize projects, and drive innovation through the adoption of new technologies and systems.
- Implement and maintain robust cybersecurity measures, data protection practices, and user access controls to safeguard our operations and customer data while ensuring compliance with industry standards.
Skills to be successful:
- Proven leadership experience in an IT department, emphasizing customer service and engineering excellence within a manufacturing or software development environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to align IT objectives with overall business goals, manufacturing/software development processes, and customer service requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure, systems, hardware, software, networks, and emerging technologies, catering to both Windows and Mac users.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, best practices, and a proactive approach to security in manufacturing, software development, and customer service contexts.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge or expertise energy, fleet management, or EV industry
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com