Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
Moxion Power is seeking a Market Analyst to help support our product management, business development, and sales efforts. The Market Analyst will be responsible for analyzing market trends, identifying new opportunities, and providing insights and recommendations to the management team. The Market Analyst works directly with Sales Application Engineering and Product Management to perform market research on new and groundbreaking power generation products. The analyst will assess and report market information specific to the mobile energy storage industry. This role requires a strong analytical mindset, excellent communication skills, and a keen understanding of the energy industry.
What you’ll do
- Conduct research on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to identify new business opportunities
- Analyze sales data and market reports to develop insights and recommendations for the management team
- Monitor and report on industry news, events, and trends that could affect our company's sales and marketing efforts as well as equipment market sectors in order to alert HQ on potential shortages and/or supply chain disruptions
- Work with sales and marketing teams to develop effective pricing strategies, marketing campaigns, and sales tactics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and engineering to provide strategic recommendations and support business development efforts
- Develop presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in market research, business analysis, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the energy industry and power systems preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
We currently use
- Jira / Confluence/ Jama
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?