Maintenance Technician (3rd shift)
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a foundational Maintenance Technician at Moxion Power, you’ll apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair high speed, high volume mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. You’ll be the first-responding problem solver who manages machine breakdowns and recoveries. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime!
What you'll do:
- Perform routine and non routine preventative maintenance on all production/manufacturing equipment
- Analyze and diagnose/troubleshoot equipment failures and machine quality issues
- Lead the performance of major equipment repairs, rebuilds and installations
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to improve equipment uptime and efficiency
- Continually find ways to improve maintenance protocols and standard maintenance procedures
- Perform mechanic skills including, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform corrective action and/or repairs to the following systems: Electrical 24 VDC to 480VAC 3 phase conveyor systems, mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC and networks (Allen Bradly), vision inspection equipment, adhesive dispenser equipment, FANUC robots
Skills to be successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience working in a production environment as part of the equipment maintenance teams
- Ability to solve problems and faulted conditions with rootcause experience and ability to seek out long term solutions
- Experience reading mechanical and electrical schematics
- Ability to use volt/multi meters as well as other electrical measurement tools
- Good working knowledge of conveyance, belts, lasers, dispense and pneumatics systems
- Experience with pneumatic solenoid valves, actuator and control operations
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read equipment schematics (both mechanical and electrical)
Shift and Compensation details:
- Shift: 3rd shift
- Compensation: $35-$38/hr
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?