Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion’s Production Manager, you will need to hire and lead a team of rockstars to launch and scale our first manufacturing facility. In this role, you will utilize your know-how to set up a World Class manufacturing process and achieve/sustain max capacity.
What you’ll do:
- Lead manufacturing operations in planning, optimizing, and improving our production line.
- Develop policies, systems, and projects to support ongoing production and continual improvement.
- Instill a culture of safety and quality by engaging and empowering all team members.
- Ensure all company and OSHA safety requirements are met and maintained
- Ensure all products produced meet all quality specifications.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Review production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel (5S)
- Provide direction, development and leadership to factory leaders and team members
Skills to be successful:
- 7+ years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing setting Proven leadership skills .
- Team player/builder and a driver of value-added results.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in ISO 9001 or other similar Quality Management Standards.
- Strong internal and external communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the organization.
- A customer first mindset.
Nice to haves:
- Previous lean management is preferred.
- Experience in start up manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge on battery manufacturing or high voltage assembly.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 6am-4pm but may change depending on business needs
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?