Battery Associate (3rd Shift)
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a battery associate team member, you’ll be hands-on working to build Moxion’s battery storage systems safely with word class quality. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and help solve big problems that really matter. Like save the world type stuff. Come electrify the future with us!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the team leaders and supervisors to build/assemble Moxion’s class-leading mobile energy storage systems
- Work closely with other team members by ensuring all tools and material are ready prior to shift start
- Ensure all production related concerns or issues are communicated effectively to team leader and line supervision
- Train new employees on their required tasks
- Recommend and implement initiatives that improve safety, quality or productivity
- Coordinate with management on work issues and enforce safety and housekeeping (5S) regulations
Skills to be successful:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in various manufacturing processes (mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, fabrication, welding, painting, and support functions)
- Proven ability to lead people and support change
- Read and understand manufacturing instructions
- Ability to work various shifts as well as overtime hours
- Able to lift 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds in controlled environments
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Ability to perform repetitive duties while standing for long periods of time
- Exposure to hazardous materials used in battery manufacturing and ability to follow waste handling/disposal procedures
- Stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for extended periods of time including up to 12 hours/day
- Wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, face shields, high voltage gloves, nitrile gloves, cut gloves, half-face respirators, power air purifying respirators, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines
- Ability to follow standardized work
- Shift: 10pm-6:30am
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?