Software Engineer, Integration Platform
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing the technology that supports our expanding operation, supporting everything from manufacturing, procurement to field operations. Your role ensures that data and tools are integrated across the organization, ensuring that we are able to scale our operational capabilities from prototyping & manufacturing to field operations.
In this role you will:
- Build a strategy for integrating first party & third party software that constitutes our enterprise business systems stack
- Accelerate our progress towards building out an extensible factory architecture, while influencing architecture, technology selections, “build vs buy” decisions, and trends for the whole company
- Work with the Data Platform team to establish backend frameworks for distributed systems that integrate numerous data sources and APIs across all of Moxion Power
- Create documentation and be a champion of our integrations as the company is rapidly growing
- Own all aspects of DevOps and infrastructure pipelining for build, test and deployment of utilities that fold into the Integration Platform
- Implement database and caching architectures to build performant, scalable systems to support our production and field services operations
- Implement and ensure a strong security posture across our integrated toolset
- Build validation infrastructure and establish test frameworks for the team to leverage across our toolset
- Create logging, monitoring and alerting mechanisms to help us maintain systems, identify bottlenecks and reduce developer debug/triage time for our IT teams
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have meaningful experience building (and refactoring) production systems to deliver new product capabilities and to handle increasing scale
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help your colleagues, and a desire to do whatever it takes to make the team succeed
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Build tools to accelerate your own (and your teammates’) workflows, typically when off-the-shelf solutions won’t do
Your background looks like:
- Strong CS fundamentals and knowledge of architecture and common design patterns
- Proficient in networking fundamentals [ IP, TCP, DNS ]
- Experience with web technologies and web frameworks (React, Flask, etc.)
- Experience with workflow management platforms (Airflow, Temporal or similar)
- Basic knowledge of stream processing/messaging systems (Kafka, MQQT, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with designing and implementing APIs, with an emphasis on REST APIs and integration
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with virtualization using tools such as Docker
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment on a number of different simultaneous projects
Our Tech Stack:
- We make generous use of TypeScript, Go, GraphQL and Postgres.
- Our infrastructure is built predominantly on AWS, and we leverage Terraform extensively for managing infrastructure-as-code.
- While we value experience with these technologies, we are primarily looking for engineers with strong technical skills and the ability to quickly pick up new tools and frameworks.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in energy, battery, or vehicle electrification industries
- Experience with MES (“manufacturing execution systems”) such as Ignition, ERP systems like Netsuite, PLM systems such as Arena, Salesforce and the suite of software commonly used by enterprises
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com