Director of Public Policy and Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion Power’s Director of Public Policy and Business Development, you will lead our company's efforts to shape and influence public policy related to the energy transition industry. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that promote our company's business interests while advancing policies that support a transition to renewable energy sources.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement strategies to influence public policy related to the energy transition industry
- Analyze legislative and regulatory proposals related to the industry and develop advocacy strategies to influence their outcome
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advance policy objectives and business interests
- Represent the company in public forums and engage with policymakers, industry associations, and other stakeholders to advance the company's agenda
- Monitor and report on relevant legislative and regulatory developments and their potential impact on the company's business
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policymakers and influencers at the national and local level
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities that align with the company's policy objectives and strategic goals
- Provide thought leadership on emerging issues related to the energy transition industry
- Manage a team of policy and business development professionals to execute on the company's strategic objectives
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, law, business administration, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in public policy, government affairs, or related field
- Deep understanding of the energy transition industry and related policy issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence public policy outcomes through advocacy and strategic engagement
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex policy issues in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing a team of professionals
- Willingness to travel as necessary
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?