People & HR
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As the Human Resource Director you will lead the HR team, develop programs, ensure legal compliance, and implement policies that put Moxion on the top of the list as the employer of choice. You’ll drive the people forward talent strategy, designing to attract and retain top talent at Moxion.
What you'll do:
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop the HR team
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department using Jira and other organizational tools
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to hiring and retention
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support Moxions talent strategy
- Lead and oversee human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, perks, 401k, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development
- Reports on organizational trends and metrics to the senior leadership team
- Ensure Moxion is compliant with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Develops budget and and manages HR spend
Skills to be successful:
- Extensive human resource management experience
- Proven experience managing an HR team and leading an HR department
- Well versed in managing a non-exempt workforce in California
- In depth knowledge of employment laws and regulations in California and the US
Shift and Compensation Details:
- Shift: 1st
- Comp Range: $175k - $195k
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com