Full Stack Engineer
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2022
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for building the foundational software that powers Moxion Power’s digital products and services.
In this role, you will:
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Jump into different and new codebases, diagnose issues and problems quickly
- Design and implement data and API integrations that ensure information is available across information systems we support across the company
- Impact the software team by inventing foundational components that are necessary for the scalability of Moxion’s system and infrastructure
- Iterate rapidly to improve user and developer experience while advancing scalability, performance, observability, and security
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have meaningful experience with rapid prototyping, building (and rebuilding) production systems to deliver new product capabilities and to handle increasing scale
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help your colleagues, and a desire to do whatever it takes to make the team succeed
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Build tools to accelerate your own (and your teammates’) workflows, but only when off-the-shelf solutions won’t do
Your background looks something like:
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies
- Proficiency with contemporary programming languages like Go, TypeScript, familiarity with Python is a plus
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres, and awareness of tradeoffs and constraints that come with other data storage options, including NoSQL, blob storage and other modern systems and frameworks
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
Our Tech Stack:
- We make generous use of TypeScript, Go, GraphQL and Postgres.
- Our infrastructure is built predominantly on AWS, and we leverage Terraform extensively for managing infrastructure-as-code.
- While we value experience with these technologies, we are primarily looking for engineers with strong technical skills and the ability to quickly pick up new tools and frameworks.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in energy, battery, or vehicle electrification industries
- Experience with MES (manufacturing execution systems), ERP, Salesforce and the suite of software commonly used by enterprises
- Experience with time series data storage, analysis, and management, as well
- Experience with building, managing or deploying machine learning models for prediction or classification
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com