Vice President, Accounting
The Vice President, Accounting plays a dynamic role that involves driving the strategic and tactical finance and accounting needs of the organization. This role oversees the core accounting, financial reporting and tax functions of the organization, ensuring accurate reporting of financial results both internally and externally. The Vice President, Accounting also provides thought leadership and support throughout the broader organization and is responsible for the planning and direction of all accounting and finance functions. The additional focus of this role is to lead the preparation and design of the accounting organization as the company prepares for its planned future IPO.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship to Accounting team members.
- Ability to lead, supervise and guide a team in a faced paced environment.
- Drive engagement and performance through hands-on leadership, 1:1’s, department meetings, performance management programs, engagement programs, or other programs as needed.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members to drive cultural initiatives forward and encourage behavior and programs in line with Measurabl’s (MSR’s) values.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the department to ensure team members are aware of their responsibilities and alignment with department and company goals.
- Maintain a team culture that is focused on continuous improvement, learning and development to ensure we are best positioned to deliver a world-class product to our customers.
- Drive MSR’s commitment to ensuring a diverse workforce through all stages of people management and development.
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of GAAP accounting and familiarity with three statement models.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Perform high-level review of financial statements at month end, ensuring compliance with GAAP accounting standards including ASC 606.
- Supervise full accounts receivable process including timely invoicing and collections as well as meeting or exceeding corporate DSO targets.
- Supervise full-cycle accounts payable, including reviewing and validating all disbursements.
- Lead revenue reporting processes, reconciliation, and controls.
- Experience with corporate tax filings and reporting
- Strong treasury experience is required.
- Manage external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and execute investor communications, board meeting materials, etc.
- Establish, implement, manage, and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies, processes and associated metrics.
- Work closely with the management team, set standards and drive compliance across the entire organization.
- Ability and strong track record of identifying process improvement with automation methods to create efficiency.
- Ability to design reports which present information in a concise manner for use by top management in decision-making.
- International accounting experience.
- M&A experience, including post-acquisition integration experience.
- General ledger accounting system implementation and integration.
- Exposure to computerized interchange systems (ACH, Online Merchant Banking applications).
- Oversee the improvement, automation, and streamlining of current accounting and reporting procedures that contribute to scaling the accounting department to meet overall corporate strategic and business goals.
- Provide guidance to other managers to ensure leadership standards are shared throughout the organization.
- Coach department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
- Work cross-functionally to communicate and escalate issues and trends requiring attention from other departments.
- Work with all department heads to establish and monitor budgets and discuss ongoing performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with customer-facing teams to find appropriate resolutions for customers when needed.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define feature requests required to achieve internal scalability and optimize customer billing experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a diverse, multiethnic, and multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, decentralized environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly driven with the willingness to go the extra mile when needed, excellent time management
- Proficiency in accounting and operational support software (we use Xero, Zuora, Bill.com, Certify) as well as
- Microsoft Excel. Transitioning to NetSuite (9/1/23 go live).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google suite of products; advanced knowledge of Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both outside and inside contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage with limited resources.
- Highest standard for integrity, accuracy, and meeting deadlines.
- A fast learner who’s able to pick up new processes with minimal training and take initiative to resolve problems.
- A detail-oriented, organized, dependable and professional individual who is dedicated to learning and growing.
Education and Experience:
We have identified the following programs, experience, and knowledge that have helped others find success in this role at Measurabl. We understand though that knowledge comes from many forms of learning and experiences. Above all, we consider a person’s potential impact in the role and value their unique path to this point in their career.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a similar discipline
- 10+ years of accounting experience required, including the management of an accounting team.
- CPA license.
- Proven track record of career progression and taking on more responsibilities effectively and quickly.
- Experience preparing financial statements and relaying information to Executive level team members.
- Supervisory experience
- A combination of professional or educational experience (whether formal or informal) that affords you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities above.
This position will manage a team of 8+, including the direct supervision of the Assistant Controller, Financial Reporting Manager, and Sr. Accounting Manager, as well as other employees added to the Finance Department as the company continues to grow and scale.
Perks and Benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and Dental Insurance + HSA options
- Pet Insurance
- Holiday Paid Time Off (Black Friday and Christmas Week Included)
- Matching 401k
- Amazing, Inclusive, Diverse, Relaxed Culture
- 100% Fully Remote
- Flexible Work Hours
- $800 office set up fund for new employees
- Monthly phone & internet reimbursement
- Stock options
- Bonus potential
- $150,000 to $200,000+DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Measurabl, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.