Regional Sales Manager (West Coast)
Regional Sales Manager (West Coast), Full-Time - Remote
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals such as food ingredients, flavor materials, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Sales Manager with in driving the sales strategies and initiatives of the company on a throughout the West Coast. You will lead to the Vice President of Global Sales and help, drive sales in the industry. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Make customer contacts at, research, application development, supply chain, marketing levels with customers and prospective customers. Develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- researching customer needs and developing applications of Manus Bio Inc.’s products and services in an effective manner by:
- obtaining & coordinating data & information from internal and external stakeholders & member groups
- researching and developing lists of potential customers
- maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target customers and markets
- determining market strategies & goals for each client which matches product and service to their strategic objectives
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- developing sales proposals for customers on technical products & services
- developing technical presentations & workshops
- maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
- making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- establishing long-term, ongoing repeat relationships
- attend trade shows as assigned throughout the year to promote product portfolio and develop project initiatives
- meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals
- resolving problems with products and services
- Participate in sales forecasting, sales planning, and CRM in an effective timely manner by:
- researching, developing & maintaining long- & short-range sales & marketing plans
- maintaining an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinateÂ Â Â market plans
- monitoring, analyzing, & communicating monthly sales data to contribute to product/service planning
- Participate in development of new products, modification of existing products in an effective and professional manner by:
- recommending new technical products & product modifications or terminations
- gathering analyzing, and sharing customer technical information & feedback
- working with other staff to identify future customer needs
- determining customer satisfaction with products and services
- maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge of newly developing technologies and manufacturing practices
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers by:
- communicating openly, honestly and constructively
- treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
- taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems
- Develop and maintain databases relating to research data including product formulations, analytical and sensory data and other project related information” in the company CRM system.
- Provide technical support and maintain programs that allow analysis of information.
- Engage in technical discussions with potential clients, demonstrations and presentations.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments within the sweetener industries.
- Keep management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with customers as required.
- Identify process improvement opportunities with customer processes and through communications, programs and other activities as needed, collaborate with the customer to implement improvements.
- B.S. in Food Science, technical or business discipline with a minimum of 7-10 years in a sales role in the flavor or food ingredient industries.
- Technical knowledge of sweetener formulation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Organization and use of CRM database systems.
- Proficient in use of e-mail Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, well developed presentation skills, excellent customer relations skills.
- In-depth knowledge of target market industries
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
Preferred Working Style:
- Ability to think strategically, analyze market data, identify business opportunities, and develop actionable sales plans to drive revenue growth.
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate and inspire the sales team, strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients and stakeholders, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze sales data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions. Effective problem-solving abilities to address challenges and drive sales performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing market conditions.
- Must hold themselves to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards.