Logistics Manager - APAC
Company: Li-Cycle APAC
Reporting to Regional President – APAC, the Logistics Manager/Coordinator is responsible for the direct management and execution of designated distribution functions between suppliers, Li-Cycle assets, and customers. This includes scheduling of inbound and outbound freight, adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures, as well as managing required transportation permitting. The logistics manager will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Develop and implement Strategic plans for the company’s logistic operations, ensuring with overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage and schedule the shipment, reception, re-distribution, and storage of designated freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of Li-Cycle warehouses.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement innovative solutions to enhance logistics operations and streamline workflows.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices in logistics management and relevant improvements.
- Ensure all inbound lithium-ion batteries are shipped in a timely manner in adherence with Li-Cycle schedules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure all outbound materials are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules and respective shipping requirements.
- Manage dock schedule for all locations.
- Facilitate communication and professional relationship with Business Development Team, Commercial Team, and Customers.
- Create cohesiveness with Operations team and Customer expectations.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Prepare and maintain all shipping documentation including BOLs, manifests and other required documents for regulated products.
- Assist with Network scheduling and distribution of material to meet space requirements to prevent loss or damage and to achieve full warehouse cost optimization.
- Support and manage carrier, broker, and freight forwarder relationships.
- Maintain and distribute shipping paperwork and records with Customers, Business Development teams, and Suppliers to ensure record keeping meets legal and Li-Cycle requirements.
- Identify discrepancies between shipping records and act.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; adjust where necessary.
- Monitor and analyze logistics performance (KPIs) such as on-time delivery, transportation cost, and implement corrective actions as needed to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with IT department to leverage technology and implement logistics management systems and tools to streamline process and improve visibility.
- 8-10 years of direct work experience in Logistics/Transportation or Supply Chain, Chemical background is preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, business administration or related field. Direct working knowledge of hazardous products transportation management, logistics, scheduling, and operations.
- Direct knowledge of TDG and DOT/PHMSA and other regulations.
- Familiar with enterprise-level track-and-trace systems, as well as implementation experience.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers.
- Strong knowledge of shipment documentation, with good writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- knowledge of ERP system.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Result- oriented, entrepreneurship and self-driven spirit.
- Some travel may be required.
- Able to physically inspect company property and assets.
- Exposure to a noisy environment and outside weather conditions.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.