IT Site Manager
Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
Reporting to the IT Regional Operations Manager, the IT Site Manger will be responsible for Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager of IT, the Site Manager of IT will be accountable for the management and maintenance of the technology infrastructure, ensuring peak system performance, and delivering technical support to employees throughout business offices and manufacturing plants.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all IT-related inquiries, issues, and escalations from employees at various locations.
- Provide timely and effective technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network problems.
- Coordinate with the IT help desk or support team to ensure prompt resolution of IT issues, minimizing downtime and disruptions.
- Coordinate IT projects related to infrastructure upgrades, system implementations, and process improvements.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment, ensuring compatibility, security, and reliability.
- Conduct regular audits to assess system performance, identify vulnerabilities, and implement necessary security measures.
- Enforce IT policies, procedures, and standards across all sites to ensure consistent and secure IT operations.
- Test and validate backup procedures and disaster recovery strategies to ensure data integrity and minimize downtime in case of an IT failure or disaster event.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation related to IT infrastructure, systems, and processes at various sites.
- Collaborate with vendors and service providers to procure and deploy necessary IT resources and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in managing enterprise-level IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, and security systems.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues, with a deep understanding of IT support methodologies.
- Familiarity with business continuity planning, disaster recovery strategies, and data protection regulations.
- Certification in ITIL along with a knowledge of GDPR are a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing-specific applications and systems, such as ERP, MES, SCADA, PI and PLCs is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with employees at all levels and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Utilize strong project management skills to ensure the successful delivery of IT solutions, while collaborating closely with the project management office to ensure that projects are aligned with organizational priorities, methodologies, and best practices.
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.