Reporting to the Director, Warehouse Hub Operations, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of designated warehousing and distribution functions at the organization's warehouse facilities. This includes scheduling of inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Manager will accomplish effective warehouse oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material, and keeping warehouse inventory accurate.
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods to meet established shipping and receiving schedules.
- Review / audit all in-bound shipments, for accuracy.
- Maintain employee work schedules including timecard approval, work assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off.
- Manages staff to include Plan and assign schedules and duties to meet workload requirements, evaluate performance and draft performance evaluations, monitor and approve employee work time, train and develop staff, discipline staff per company policy.
- Ensure that all product entering or exiting the facility meets customer and product requirements.
- Ensure all safety and housekeeping standards are always met and adhered to.
- Troubleshoot/problem solve issues that arise during assigned shift and work cross functionally to correct and solve.
- Review and evaluate the performance of the shipping & Receiving office; handle distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external audits.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Manage a team of warehouse employees, including hiring, delegation, training, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Manage all warehouse expenses and makes sure to adhere to Warehouse budget.
- Manage and review AOP monthly.
- High school or equivalent, with experience in manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- 5 years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function, inventory control and supply chain management position.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of OSHA and other safety systems.
- Experience with ERP system.
- Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) may be required.
- Strong knowledge of various systems, as well as Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership skills and Excellent teambuilding abilities.
- Problem Solver, Act with Grit.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter always.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral communication, writing and editing skills in English and French
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
- Occasionally lifting >25 kg.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Must wear company provided PPE.
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, while also meeting the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle’s Spoke & Hub Technologies – a low cost, safe, and environmentally friendly process – can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries, with an unparalleled recovery rate of ≥95% of all materials. Li-Cycle’s industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies. For more information, please visit: https://www.li-cycle.com/
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.