Accounts Receivable Specialist
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
HopSkipDrive is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist who will play a critical role in supporting the rapid growth of our business. The AR specialist will play a key role in our collections process. Responsibilities will include tracking payments and making bank deposits, communicating with customers, assisting in our monthly invoicing process, and improving our current collections process. This is an exciting opportunity for career growth and development.
What you’ll do:
- Strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past- due accounts
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared
- Generate weekly aging reports and identify slow-paying customers
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via email and telephone
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts
- Assist with month-end close and invoicing processes
- Assist in streamlining the accounts receivable process by identifying areas for performance improvement
- Support Accounting team members as needed
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or 2-3 years relevant experience with collections, invoicing, and/or accounts receivable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of GAAP and basic accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $20.00 hr to $25.00 hr. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
This is a hybrid opportunity. Candidate must live in Los Angeles/OC area within a commuting distance from the headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles Little Tokyo area. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.