Sales Data Analyst
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 450 school districts, charter schools, non-profits and government agencies, and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus every day. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient, and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies, and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO, and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve 12 states and 22 metros across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others and mentoring other engineers. Above all, you want to build something that fundamentally changes the lives of families for the better.
As a Sales Analyst, Insights you will be living in the Sales team’s data in order to build out our infrastructure and dashboards. You will be proactively asking questions leading to investigations aiming to uncover actionable insights. You will utilize your data analysis skills to improve operational processes and forecasting. You will surface key trends and find patterns. Above all, you will be a key player in helping the Sales team’s continued growth and goal achievement.
What you'll do
- Study past sales data to determine trends in productivity and quotas
- Dig into our forecasting levers to identify incorrect assumptions while suggesting optimal improvements
- Collaborate on data products such as; building dashboards and performing investigations
- Identify data cleanliness and process issues and help to remedy going forward
- Build and improve on existing reporting, thus empowering coworkers to make informed decisions and track their performance.
- Review market trends and other sales figures to help the sales team understand the market and provide more recommendations to our potential clients
- Ensure data is used ethically
*This role will be fully remote from Los Angeles**
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience demonstrating data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization in a fast-paced environment
- A prowess for data maintenance and cleanliness, pattern recognition and organization
- Technical proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, and Salesforce
- An attitude with an entrepreneurial, execution-focused, get-things done mindset
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor for internal communication
- An outlook that is always finding ways to make things more efficient
- An affinity for dope workday music
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, or equivalent field
Nice to have
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Technical proficiency in Salesloft, Hubspot
- Former investment banking or consulting experience
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Los Angeles, CA is $80,000 to $90,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.