VP of Sales
Hippo Harvest VP of Sales Remote · Full time
Sr. Sales leader with proven track record of sales and strategic business development
In a world increasingly impacted by climate change, pollution, and population growth, conventional production of fresh vegetables is unsustainable. Compared to field production, greenhouse hydroponic methods use 90% less water, increase yields, reduce food waste, use fewer pesticides, eliminate fertilizer runoff, and allow crops to be grown locally. However, greenhouse producers make up only a small part of today’s market due to high capital/labor costs and operational complexity. To close this gap, Hippo Harvest has designed a novel hydroponic grow system which is cost competitive with conventional field production for a growing catalog of leafy green products.
As Sales Lead for Hippo Harvest your job is to develop and execute a balanced, holistic, and high performing sales strategy to offtake 3.2 acres of leafy greens production from our greenhouse in Pescadero, CA as well as a new, 10 acre site. You’ll be responsible for developing and managing a multi-channel sales strategy which optimizes gross margins.
We are a fast paced, growing company that is data oriented and values hard work, integrity, empathy, and outcomes. If these values resonate, we welcome you to apply!
- Collaborate with executive leadership to refine our go to market and scaling playbooks in new and existing geographies.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with national, regional and independent retailers.
- Identify, communicate, and execute on new business opportunities in the retail, foodservice, and wholesale channels to grow Hippo market share and customer base.
- Lead discovery and identification of new market opportunities.
- Lead the vanguard of service and support to existing customers, with the support and resources of Hippo’s Logistics, Operations, and Engineering teams.
- Close sales, identify and execute innovative contract structures, achieve monthly targets and commit to results.
- Maintain and enforce complete and accurate record keeping in Hubspot CRM.
- Improve sales revenue in line with established sales targets.
- 6+ years of experience in retail produce sales, experience in packaged salad heavily preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and self direction with a history of growing top line sales.
- Experience structuring deals inclusive of produce programs, long term offtake, and emergent opportunities given customer meets.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills to assess account profitability with the support of the Hippo Finance team
- Excellent communication, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort working with POS data to inform pricing, merchandising, and other commercial recommendations.
- A comprehensive understanding of produce market dynamics including sales cycles and service expectations.
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a team, collaborate effectively with Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Mastery of common productivity software such as calendars, google drive, email, google docs, virtual checklists, etc. is required.
- Compensation: $165,000-$225,000 in annual compensation, inclusive of 15% performance-based bonus.
- Includes a stock option package.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical and Dental, Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time, and Personal Hours.
- We are accepting applications from Director to VP level candidates who demonstrate a high capacity to execute. If you’re interested in this position, please visit our careers page at jobs.hippoharvest.com.
Hippo Harvest is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
$165,000 - $225,000 per year