Senior Data Scientist (m/w/x)
Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our talented Risk & Data team hybridly in Berlin (min. 3 days per week at our Berlin HQ).
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Build Machine Learning models for Credit Risk, Affordability, Fraud Detection, Recommendation Engine, CLV prediction, and other areas.
- Develop and test your models together with our Machine Learning Engineers, who deploy them into production.
- Support strategic decisions with data-driven insights.
- Leverage traditional data sources and design innovative new approaches to source new data through EDA and feature engineering.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to gather all the relevant data.
🤝 What you bring:
- BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or similar disciplines.
- 3+ years overarching business experience, preferably in fast-paced environments, within banking or credit finance.
- Excellent Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Good Knowledge of Python.
- Experience in SQL.
- Git (version control).
- It's a plus when you also bring:
- Proven experience in deploying models to production environments.
- Experience in Time Series Analysis.
- Experience in Credit Modeling.
- Experience onboarding and mentoring junior team members.
❤️🔥 What you will love about us:
- Hybrid environment with Flexible working hours
- BVG monthly discount to drive you everywhere in Germany
- Mental health support with Nilohealth
- Physical health support with ClassPass or Urban Sports Club
- Annual learning budget of 1000€ per year
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for your friends and family
- Diverse global team of 75 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
If you fancy an influential role and making our world a little greener, become part of the Grover Family, and let's grow together. 💚
We are looking forward to meeting you!