Product Designer (Ui/UX) - remote Denver, CO
There is a clear opportunity for design to accelerate the electrification journey with cleantech solutions. The GridX customer experience design team is looking for a Product Designer to join the team to lead product and service design. Our Product Designer will partner with the VP Design and Product Design leads in the ideation, implementation, and iteration of GridX B2B solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work alongside design, product and engineering teams to serve customers through tangible solutions.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer and gather insights and feedback from real customers and translate customer needs to features.
- Develop expertise for customer audiences and their problems by understanding market dynamics.
- Solve problems through existing interaction patterns and facilitate the design of new patterns.
- Create comprehensive customer journeys, user-flows, and mock-ups that illustrate use-cases and product outcomes.
- Work with large, comprehensive data sets to enable advanced analysis: visualize, edit, and manipulate utility data.
- Mastery of application, color, space, typography, iconography, illustration and UX laws with excellent aesthetics to unlock brand across applications.
- Fluency with prototyping tool sets to bring products to life and ability to implement one’s own flows and interactions.
- Create tests using current users, synthesize large volumes of data, and understand design impact through data and metrics.
- Clearly communicate desirability, feasibility, and viability of product design decisions and value of proposed designs.
- Take ownership of projects toward completion and balance scope against time, cost and quality.
- Work with sales, marketing, and customer teams to ensure product is accurately portrayed across channels.
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Portfolio with examples of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate design thinking exercises–digitally and in person
- Demonstrable experience designing and building scalable, software design systems
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Formal design training in Human-Centered Design, User Experience, or Product Design
- Ability to work across time zones and with offshore teams in a dynamic start-up setting
Because much of the team is based in Denver, CO, it is preferred that the selected candidate be located in the Denver area but it is not required. The role will include occasional work at a GridX We-work office or attendance at offsites and/or customer sites, as determined by your role’s responsibilities and agreed to with your manager.
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location. The expected base salary range for this role is $115,000 to $140,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Parental Leave
- Be part of creating our clean energy future
GridX is the catalyst of our clean energy future. Utilities and energy technology providers rely on our analytics solutions to tell people exactly what they can expect to pay when making clean energy decisions, like changing to a time-of-use rate plan, buying an electric vehicle, installing solar and more. The result is less strain on the electric grid, happier customers and increased consumer investment in sustainable technologies. Working at GridX puts you at the center of realizing our clean energy future.
At GridX, we value the diversity of our employees and partners. We believe that our company thrives when we support and celebrate our differences.
No recruiters or phone calls, please. GridX does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes and profiles will be considered GridX property, and GridX will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.