Director of Engineering - Remote US
GridX is a leading SaaS company specializing in the development and implementation of a cutting-edge rule engine for utility tariff modeling. Our software solution enables utility companies and energy service providers to accurately model, simulate, and analyze complex tariff structures, driving informed decision-making and optimizing revenue generation. GridX is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our talented engineering team, contribute to the company's success and help us build great products.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the development and continuous improvement of our platform and services. You will provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and oversee the execution of our product roadmap. Your primary responsibilities will include guiding the engineering team, fostering a culture of innovation, and ensuring delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet our customers' needs.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing distributed engineering teams and at the same time be able to set goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee software development plans from ideation to execution.
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for the engineering, aligning with overall company goals and objectives.
- Leadership for a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists to design, develop, and maintain our platform and services
- Collaborate closely with the product management team to understand needs, define product requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of software features, improvements, and bug fixes in accordance with Agile development methodologies.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration within the engineering team.
- Establish and maintain best practices for software development, code quality, and performance optimization.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless cross-functional cooperation and alignment.
- Ensure architectures and solutions are reliable, secure, performance and ensure compliance with security regulations
- Recruit, assign, direct, and evaluate employees
- 10+ years work experience software development, with a focus on SaaS solutions and complex rule engine systems, out of which 5+ years should be as a Director of Engineering or in a similar senior-level position in a technology company
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, profiling, and optimization
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software solutions on time and within budget
- Expertise in Agile development methodologies, software architecture, and design patterns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with a focus on collaboration and team building
- Good logic and reasoning skills to be able to identify weaknesses and strengths of alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Experience in recruiting, mentoring, and developing engineering talent
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment and manage competing priorities
- Flexible PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Parental Leave
- Be part of creating our clean energy future
GridX is the catalyst of our clean energy future. Utilities and energy technology providers rely on our analytics solutions to tell people exactly what they can expect to pay when making clean energy decisions, like changing to a time-of-use rate plan, buying an electric vehicle, installing solar and more. The result is less strain on the electric grid, happier customers, and increased consumer investment in sustainable technologies. Working at GridX puts you at the center of realizing our clean energy future.