Manager, NPI Process Engineering
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
This Process Engineering role will be responsible for leading and supporting the initial operations production environment in all cell/battery assembly processes, from raw materials/chemicals to final product, while ensuring quality, efficiency, and safety. This position requires a strong background in process engineering within an industrial operation, process development/optimization, quality engineering, project management, talent selection, and training staff.
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of engineers supporting a production environment, ensuring that they are meeting their targets and are aligned with company goals
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures to optimize the battery production processes, reduce costs, improve quality, and increase efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve production issues, while maintaining product quality standards
- Conduct root cause analysis as needed in conjunction with various other team members and develop corrective and preventive actions to improve processes, equipment, and systems
- Develop, monitor, and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and ensure that targets are met or exceeded
- Engage in capital projects related to battery production, from conceptual design to installation and commissioning, ensuring that they are delivered and installed into the operational environment as efficiently as possible
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and company policies related to environmental, health, and safety
- Support the implementation and usage of PLM, MES, and ERP systems, as well as other tools related to manufacturing and sustainability
- Support factory layout/optimization efforts, capacity planning, scalability plans, crew cycling, tool cycling, etc
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in production engineering, ideally in a cell or battery module production environment or similar
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
- Proven experience managing projects, leading teams, and implementing process improvement activities; ability to lead and train a new team in industrial manufacturing and quality best practices
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop effective, data driven solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where changes in design and processes are expected
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies
- Extensive experience working with other engineering departments to improve the manufacturability of a products and processes (DFMA)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical technologies, including assembly and joining processes
- Direct experience creating DFMEAs & PFMEAs and implementing controls for risk mitigation
- Experience creating and using SPCs in a production environment
- Direct experience in processes such as powder handling/mixing, roll to roll processing, calendaring/lamination, and laboratory chemical analysis techniques a definite plus
- Strong technical skills and first-hand knowledge of cell/battery production processes, equipment, and systems a definite plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?