Associate General Counsel, Employment/Labor Relations & Commercial Operations
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As Form Energy transforms the grid, we seek a talented and experienced hands-on attorney to join a small, but growing team. You will be primarily responsible for handling employment matters, but will also give considerable support to contracting efforts related to building the Form Factory.
You will play a central role in scaling legal support at Form Energy to the next level as we expand and grow. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator possessing strong attention to detail, energized by a wide array of day-to-day legal issues in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact for our People Operations and Talent teams and have primary responsibility for Form Energy’s compliance with a wide range of employment-related laws, policies, and regulations, including those involving hiring, immigration, ADA, FMLA/medical-leave, employee benefits, performance management, accommodations, wage-and-hour issues, employee relations, and regulatory employment requirements, such as workers’ compensation and OSHA.
- Partner with the People Operations team and other internal stakeholders in developing and administering policies and programs on a range of employment-related issues, especially as the company scales and shifts to manufacturing.
- Manage and direct outside counsel on all employment-related matters.
- Identify, evaluate, and address issues of legal risk in employment-related matters and track changes in the law on all aspects of an employee life cycle, from recruitment to termination.
- Assist with employment-related due diligence for strategic transactions as needed, including reviewing and assessing employment issues, employee benefits, compensation and related issues.
- Support our Operations team, particularly those members working on construction of the Form Factory, as you partner with them to draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts, including master service agreements, construction and design contracts, SOWs, work orders and change orders, equipment purchase agreements, vendor and professional services agreements and NDAs.
- Drive agreements to completion while working cross-functionally and getting input, feedback and approvals from business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support an extremely fast-moving business with tight deadlines while providing diligent and thorough work product.
- Perform special projects and other legal responsibilities as assigned by the General Counsel and your manager to meet the company’s business needs.
What You'll Bring:
- A minimum of 6 years’ of relevant experience, which can consist of a combination of working at a top-ranked law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience with employment matters (including knowledge of employment law, such as FLSA, Title VII, FMLA, ADA) and all aspects of contract drafting and negotiations.
- Previous in-house experience required.
- Experience in manufacturing is required.
- JD from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one state Bar.
- Can-do attitude, a sense of ownership, and dedication to excellent client service.
- High emotional intelligence, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound practical and business judgment with a focus on effectively minimizing risks while achieving key business objectives.
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively and collaboratively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility as the need arises.
- Able to navigate ambiguity and develop creative and pragmatic solutions for complex and evolving issues in a rapidly changing environment.
- Consistently good judgment, an unmatched work ethic, impeccable integrity, and a team-first attitude.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?