Senior Electrical Engineer
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the R&D Engineering team, a group responsible for supporting the design and development needs of Form’s technical teams. Members of R&D Engineering scope, design, deliver, and support hardware for various teams developing Form’s long-duration energy storage technology. If you enjoy working creatively with others to solve a variety of challenging and high-impact problems, this role is for you!
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and deliver test platforms, components, and automation systems for Cell Development, Validation, and Manufacturing teams
- Lead the definition of project scope and functional requirements in collaboration with other teams
- Design and validate PCBs, wiring harnesses, control panels, and similar equipment
- Create work instructions, SOPs, manuals, and supporting documentation to scale, launch, and sustain the project
- Own the hardware development process to ensure electrical and safety requirements are achieved
- Work closely with technology specialists and R&D Engineering team colleagues on various projects aligned with your skills/interests and Form’s top priorities
- Be a champion for safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of electrical design experience (through industrial, internship, academic positions)
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB design (Altium preferred)
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, soldering, rapid prototyping, and similar lab equipment
- Strong experience in one or more core areas is ideal: industrial wiring panels, SCADA/controls, PLCs, PCB design, sensors, data acquisition, battery management, power electronics
- Excellent communication skills and an eagerness to mentor and advise others
- A growth mindset and passion for developing expertise in new technologies
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?